Monday, October 22, 2007

hmmmm...see any similarities?















I don't know why it's important to me, but I really hoped that my boys would resemble one another. I think it's a source of familial pride when you see siblings, and know that they "belong" together, simply by their resemblance. I know a delightful family of three sisters who all are unique, but still clearly belong together. They are all good friends as well! I hope that as my two boys grow older, they will be similar in interests, passions and pursuits and will support and love one another deeply. I hope and pray that they will not just be brothers, but best friends.
Ok, enough of the sentimental mommy...here's a fun one for all of you. Check out that six-pack! And, in contrast, check out the newly skinny Big Gabe! 25 lbs lighter and still counting...

4 comments:

Bo and Pat said...

You sure do make pretty babies!

Christy said...

Ha! Hubby's up to 30 lbs! Me.......not so much. *sigh*. So I know of TWO family's like the one's you described, however since you're not that familiar with my middle sister I'm assuming you mean some blond-headed minxes we both know and love. I'm sure your boys will be just the same! If my sisters and I are any indication, your boys will fight for years, and upon reaching adulthood will realize that family is the most important gift God has given us.

Anonymous said...

WOW, they're like twins, seperated by 4 years. lol I remember oh so well when the pic against the red wall was taken too! They are just adorable and I adore the baby-rolls! We've got plenty in our house too. Tell Gabe he looks awesome, way to go!

Margaret

Bethany said...

Festival of Light pictures? Puh-leeze? I heard big Gabe did a great job! I'm dying to see what the little ones were for Halloween. I hope you're all great and get some down time after the madness.