Today I had the pleasure of being invited to a delightful "Mother's Day Tea" hosted by the pre-K class. I was expecting a typical preschool parent/child event, complete with a sticky activity and kid food. To my surprise, we began the morning with a fashion show put on by all 23 kids, each replete in a darling costume. Our Scooby was Buzz Lightyear. Then, the kids were ushered out so that the moms could sit and enjoy a lovely plate of tea sweets and savories that would rival Lisa's Tea Room. A few dads were on hand to serve hot tea, refill plates, and we even had live background music in the form of Ken M. on the
guitar.
The children then returned with gifts, including the requisite hand-made photo frame and handprint flowers...but it didn't stop there. They also suprised us with other cute gifts like chocolate, a jar of heavenly moisturizer, and some very cute flip-flops they helped to decorate. The kids then performed some very cute song and dance numbers, then left us again to our tea. When I offered Scooby a bite of my cookie, he hugged me and said, "No, Mom. This is your day."
I almost fell out of my chair.
2 comments:
Wow, that's a pretty amazing event! And even more amazing that he didn't want to share the cookie, that was so cute. Glad you felt special!
You deserve to be spoiled. You are a wonderful mother. I am so glad your son knows you are worthy of being honored. What a heartwarming way he showed that. I am proud of him and proud of you. Love, Patty
Post a Comment