Wednesday, September 24, 2008

a great day...

a very special little man in our lives celebrated his first birthday recently. scrappy and I got to go and celebrate earlier in the day, and later Scooby with Daddy (naps, you know). it was made all the more sweet because said birthday boy gave us quite a scare last September when he decided to arrive 6 weeks before his scheduled arrival, and required immediate, and major, surgery. he prevailed over the many obstacles that were to come, and now it all just seems like one big, long, bad dream. as his momma tried to thank all of us that were in the room (we were bawling like babies) Birthday Boy was trying to launch himself vertically from her lap, giving credence to the contrast of today's health and vitality vs. last year's fright.





a living, breathing, giggling, squirming, bouncing reminder that God is faithful and that prayer is powerful.






what a great day.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Thanks for the pictures! The bithday boy is gorgeous, and so are yours!

Heather said...

Adelle... I have tears in my eyes. thank you. I just read this (I have not been on blogs for a while). You are so wonderful. thank you. thank you for such amazing support this past year, you are God's miracle. We could not have survived without you. I saw a quote the other day, it hit home:
"Motherhood is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body". Isn't that so true...