I would seem awfully grumpy if I refused, so I didn't.
Here we go - 21 days, 21 posts, and probably more than you were interested in.
Day 1: Express why you accepted this challenge and what you hope to achieve from it.
I am accepting this challenge because discontent has always been one of my millstones. It drags me down, it robs my joy, and prevents me from being the person I want to be. Discontent and gratitude, being sworn enemies, cannot co-exist. Here's to 21 days free from discontent. Or at least 21 days with less of it. We can start small.
And besides, the real reason I write this blog is because I want something that my kids can read 20 years from now, when perhaps their mom isn't quite the person she is now. Lest they forget how much they were loved, adored, laughed over, cried over.
I don't know what the future holds, or what God intends for me and my family, but I print out and keep these logs in a binder. It's the closest I'll ever get to a diary. It's a journal of my love for them. I want them to know how grateful I am for them and for the life I have RIGHT NOW. That's the best we all can do, right?
See you tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment