(I've been cleaning up my blog and found that I had several very old drafts just sitting around, never published. This was one of them, originally dated 2/5/08.)As many of you know, my father is getting remarried this coming weekend to a lovely, gracious, godly woman named Nancy. We are all thrilled that they have found each other, and joy, once again! But, with all these changes, I have had to go through a great deal of closet detritus that has been emptied out of Dad's house. Some fun things - like poetry written by my Grandmother at the age of 17, two days after the invasion of Normandy. A letter from my Great-Uncle Robert's C.O. to his parents, honoring him posthumously after he perished in the Marianas Islands in July of 1944. His photo, shown, is a little spooky as you may notice...my brother Bob is his spitting image, but for the straight hair. We always wondered where Bob came from, since he didn't take after either of my parents! Now we know...
No comments:
Post a Comment